Friday, August 29, 2008

Another vacation

Went to Hawaii again, same time as last year, but for a shorter time. It's getting crazy expensive to travel these days, although I would love to make it an annual occurrence. As expected, I had a great time visiting with my good friends Cynthia, Mariellen & Andrew, and Jessie. We managed to get in touch with Audri, and she joined us for some of the fun. yay!

We did the usual Made In Hawaii Festival and the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet....I was in shopping heaven! We also had fun at Krazy Karaoke in Pearl City! It never fails, we go to karaoke to sing, and end up spending half the time laughing till our stomachs hurt! While we were roaming the MIH show, I bumped into a long-time friend, Gail. It was awesome seeing her again, it had been so long since the last time. She had worked for Aloha Airlines for almost 30 years, and unfortunately, the airline recently went under. All those years, and no retirement. :o(

The weather was totally awesome! The food was excellent! It was a very short 5 days (4 not counting travel) that went by so quickly. I was exhausted by the time I got back home, needed an extra day to recover! I also managed to snag a good deal on upgrading to first class on both flights to and from Honolulu! woot! It helped tremendously to be able to stretch out a little. :o)

Thanks, once again, to my friends, for making my visit a memorable one! Here's to many more visits! Love you guys!!


No comments: